Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Criticizing Myself

I have tried and tried again to start a blog. I don't know what happens, I start a new one and a couple entries in I get bored. Same thing happened with this one. I noticed I have two entries from back in January but I never wrote again. I don't even know what they were about.

I started up my twitter account today and the same thing, there was a post from back in 2007 (!) but nothing since then.

I guess this happens often in my life. I start various things...scrap booking, books, exercising...and then after a few days (weeks) they kind of just get set aside. Maybe that is my personality? That I get bored easily? I don't know if that is the person I want to be.

It happens in my professional life too. I'll start a new project or organize things a certain way and then, once again, it gets dropped.

I don't want to be like this. I want to start a project/idea and carry it through. I want to be that person who "does it all" and doesn't get bored two seconds later. But then there are a lot of things I'd like to change about myself. I'm guessing I'm not the only one who feels that way. I think this is a common trend with everyone. Or maybe its just me. Who knows?

I hate the fact that I'm lazy. I'll admit it, I've always been this way. Maybe this is why the boredom starts, I don't know. Not to say I'm lazy all the time. It really depends on what sparks my interest. So I guess it does relate with the boredom.

I was talking to my husband about how I hate the fact that I'm lazy about my appearance. I wait until the last possible second to roll my butt out of bed, just enough time to shower and get dressed. For a while I was doing my hair in the car! Just so I could have that extra 5 minutes of ZZZ's. Now I'm getting up early enough to pull my hair back in a ponytail in the house so I guess that is improvement. But like I told the hubby, I'd really like to be able to put make-up on and do my hair (not just pull it back, wet) and pull together a real snazzy outfit (although there isn't much to work with in my wardrobe). And he said, "then do it!" Easier said then done. This would mean I'd have to stop being lazy.

I remember last week we had a customer visit and I got all dressed up. Hair, make up, the works. I was getting so many compliments and people thought I'd cut my hair because I always. wear. it. in. a. PONYTAIL. Nope I said, I just actually, did my hair. Shocker!

Alright, enough of the criticizing. I'm depressing myself. On to happy thoughts...like iced coffees!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment