Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Life, it's Exhausting

I am extremely exhausted today. John and I were up till after 11 last night trying to fill our iPods for this weekend. We are going to Toronto. I got John tickets to see the Killers for Christmas. One of his favorite bands. He is so excited! We also managed to scrounge up the money to go see "Dirty Dancing the Musical". I've been asking John to take me since my birthday, June, of last year. I love the movie and when I found out they have a musical, well, I was dying to go see it.

What I'm not looking forward to is leaving my puppy, Miley, for three days with the dreaded MIL. John's mother doesn't know how to follow rules and Miley needs rules. Puppies (just like kids) need rules. Its what keeps them safe. And I'm just afraid something bad will happen because she can't follow basic directions.

I asked my family if they would watch her to save me the stress but of course that is asking too much. It makes me sick knowing that they can't watch my pup for three days when I would do anything for them. Next time they need something from me like that though, they can look somewhere else.

Family always, always causes problems it seems. Someone starts a fight or lets someone down. It makes it hard to trust anyone anymore. You really see your family (especially your extended family) in a different light as you grow older. Everything is rainbows and roses when you're little and don't know any better. Then you grow up and see everyone's true colors. Its sad really. I wish I could see life through rose colored glasses forever. But we grow up and mature, the glasses become clear. Then the problems start. The depression starts. The hardships start. The responsibility. And most of all, the exhaustion. Ugh. I hate growing up.

So back to my exhaustion from today. There is always something to do all the time. Not only at home but at work too! It is so tiring, life is tiring. I hate getting ready for trips too. There is always so much to do. Just thinking about everything I have to do before we leave on Friday makes me...you guessed it, tired.

Wow, if anybody reads the two posts I have on this blog they'll think I'm a miserable person! I'm really not though. Just a lot going on right now. I am looking forward to this weekend. Spending time with John alone. I couldn't ask for anything better. I promise when I get back I'll have a happy post about the trip. Nothing like the depressing crap I've had these past two days. Between now and next Monday though? No promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment